Saturday, January 2, 2016

Setting myself up for success.

Yesterday was a bit of a bust food wise.  I didn't have any healthy options in the house so I ended up eating a ton of carbs.

I know that the key to my success is planning my meals.  If I don't have healthy options, prepped or cooked and ready to go, I will fail.  I am not going to let that happen.

Just finished a grocery list and will head out shortly.  Will be trying 3 new recipes.  1 breakfast type option and two man meal options.  What I plan on doing is having my two "main meals" at breakfast and lunch, and then have the lighter "breakfast" type meal in the evening.  I will be working out 4 nights of the week with a trainer and I find it difficult to eat anything in the hours before I work out so I think this will work for me.  Who said breakfast has to be eggs or cereal anyway.  I will be rocking some beef and sczechwan beans for breakfast and egg muffins for dinner.  Whatever works right.

The basis of my Poon diet is very low carbs, low salt and low fat, so my food choices for this first phase are very restricted.  Lots of meat and leafy green options, vegetables but no dairy, fruit, carbs.  I did do a couple of weeks of this diet before Christmas and I dropped weight, so I am excited to get back on it and STAY on it.

4 months until my trip south.  I have no doubt that I will NOT be bikini ready in May, but I think I can at least get to a place where I feel comfortable on a beach.  Heading down for a destination wedding.  It's time to get back to where I was last year at this time, which is 50lbs less than i am right now.  230LBS IS MY GOAL WEIGHT FOR MY TRIP.

No comments: