Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tiny slip

weight loss 13.6 lbs
                 Days in Ketosis 0 (previously 13 days)
                 Days carb/sugar free : 0  (previously 15 days|)
                 Days fast food free 20

I had a weak moment yesterday.  I ate 2 chocolates, and 3 servings of mini oreo cookies.  I felt sick for the rest of the afternoon,  both physically and mentally.  But, I have gotten over it now.  So the fall out is this morning I am no longer in ketosis, but strangely, my weigh dropped 1.5 lbs over night.  Hmmmm now I did work out last night so that may have something to do with the drop, but I feel like I dodged a bullet and I got right back on track after the slip up which never happens. Gonna take this as a learning experience and move on.

In other news I met my new trainer last night.  Matt is his name and I think we will get along great. It was a bit odd walking around the gym with two trainers .  I imagined I was a top notch athlete with my team surrounding me.  lol  We did a bit of an overview, what I am capable of(he was impressed with how much weight I lift) and also what exercise I like/don't like, limitations etc.  This is all new to me as I am not really good at opening up and putting my complete trust in someone.  I will be giving feedback to my original trainer and the manager of the trainers and hopefully help this kid get a full time job at the gym and a good start in his career. 

I had a really nice heart to heart with my trainer B.J. as well.  I've trained with him for 6 or 7 years now and I'm not exaggerating when I say he has saved my life.  I have learned so much from him over this time, both about fitness, and probably more importantly about learning about me, and my self worth, about finding ways to fix myself, my body and my mind.  He has been a mentor, and  a trainer, and a really, really, good friend.  He recently got hired as a firefighter which is his lifelong dream.  I am so proud of him and what he has been able to accomplish in his young life. 

Last night he asked me what my long term goals are.  He is planning on leaving the gym in September.  I knew it was coming but I was briefly devastated.  BUT.... he is planning on continuing on at the gym that he trains at. It is super cool and super respected boxing gym and I think I am going to join in September.  In the 7 years I have been working out I have fallen head over heels with boxing and I cannot let it go from my life.  His gym is a martial arts/boxing gym, and I can still maybe do some personal one on one training with him there.  So my life is about to change in my 50th year.  The one thing I want to ensure is that I finish what I set out to do 7 years ago, and lose this weight!  So the next 8.5 months is really my last chance to finish what I started out to do and that is to get to my goal weight, and be fitter and healthier than I've ever been in my life, and I need to do this for Matt, for B.J, and most of all for me!  It's go time.....

No comments: