Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fitness Report Card and reflection on the last 6 mos

Well I rejoined the gym for another 6 mos and since I was ending the first session I asked for the data the my trainer had collected. Here it is:

Part One - The Scale

Start date - Feb 09 Weight 265.6
Current - Sept 25 Weight 250.00 (was down to 244, but slipped a bit)

Starting BMI 41.6
Current BMI 39.2

Starting Fat % 51
Current Fat % 49.2


Part Two - Measurements

Start date - Feb 09- Current - Sept 25

starting bicep 16
Current bicep 15

starting chest 51 1/2
Current Chest 47 3/4

Starting waist 50
Current waist 44 3/4


starting hips 55
Current hips 50 3/4

starting thigh 31 1/2
current thigh 27 3/4

starting calf 19 1/2
Current calf 18 1/4

Total inches lost = 21

I thought it may be a good idea to reflect on some other changes I've noticed
- clothes went from busting out of a 22 to fitting into a 18 or even some size 16.
- have been able to buy 3 pieces of clothing from non plus sized section or store, and they actually fit and I wear them, and they are not socks!
- when I started out I could barely walk without pain due to lower back pain and now my back is strong and healthy and I walk nice and straight
- I have gone from being able to do 10 sit ups to doing 250 at one time
- I can currently leg press 525 lbs
- I am training and will complete a 5k run on October 18.
- I am in the process of buying boxing gloves so I can participate more often in Kickboxing workouts (I've always had a secret desire to box, just never imagined it would happen)
- The thought of smoking again is now just a distant memory, no desire what so ever to smoke.... (just bought my niece a smoke free hypnosis session, I want her to quit at 20 and not wait until she is 40 like her dumbass aunt!)
- Started dating again, and have actually realized many men love a curvy woman!!!!!
- My confidence is through the roof.... Now when someone stares at me instead of thinking they are judging me, I think they are commenting on my HOTNESS- hahaha
- I am winning the battle over the negative self talk. I no longer think I can't do it, I know I can, I can do anything I set my mind to, I have finally proven that to myself.
- Finally, and most importantly I AM HAPPY, I am loving my life, and for the first time in a very long time, I am loving the person that I am.

I had a brief lapse in confidence and was scared about continuing on this journey to find the real me - but today all I can say is BRING IT!


-

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

21 inches! Girlfriend you be shrinkin'

Woot! Passing a fitness report card has got to be fantastic!

Nicole said...

I fell off my chair when I read your inches lost....girl you rock so much!!!!!


Keep up the fantabulous work!!!!