Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sabotage?

I have honestly never believed that anyone in my life would sabotage my weight loss efforts, I have felt nothing but support from everyone who is close to me, so today it is really bothering me that I am feel like one of my friends was trying to sabotage me last night!

I had a couple of friends over for a girls night in, I picked up a bottle of wine and desert and one of my other friends was picking up Chinese food... So we were all adding our thoughts into the menu, chicken fried rice, steamed rice, a chicken dish, a beef dish, and baby bok choi (sp). My plan was to have steamed rice, veggies, and a small spoonful of the other two dishes. Lo and behold my friend arrives with the Chinese food and as she is putting it all out she realized that she forgot the steamed rice and the veggies! WTF

As it turns out I did not really like the chicken dish or the beef dish so I didn't overindulge, I also put together a really low point dessert (slice of pound cake with thawed frozen berries topped with pineapple coconut yogurt), and I only had two glasses of wine, so in all the night was a success weight wise. I just needed to write this down and let it go....... this friend has been nothing but supportive of my efforts so I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

On other note, I was shopping last week at Winners and bought a jacket. Now I have been big all my life, except for a brief moment in time when I was in high school and went down to 150 lbs. I have longed to be able to buy funky, stylish clothes and look good in them, but for so long I have not been able to find plus size clothing that even remotely looked cool and stylish, so I am just loving this jacket and have to tell you the best part is the purple lining, I wish I could wear it inside out..... here is a picture, which really doesn't show the style very well, it is s short motorcycle style, but you can see that it makes me happy-lol



4 comments:

cdblueberry said...

1) you da bomb!

2) If it's a one time thing, I would think it's just an honest mistake. Some "normal" weight people just don't think that much about food, having a few extra calories on a girl's night is not a big deal to them.

If it's something consistent, then I'd call her on it.
I've had this in my life. It's hard enough trying to lose weight without someone sabotaging your efforts. good luck with it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliment CDB. I am just starting to retire some of my old clothes with new things, so I am feeling a bit more confident these days.

Good comment about my friend, I'm quite certain this girl has never ever had to count a calorie in her life. I just needed to get it out of my system and move on :D

Nicole said...

Love the jacket!!!!! and I know what it's like to make a slight mistake on remembering to order something....I'm sure there was nothing malicious in it....

Sephgirl said...

Great jacket! You look great in it and happy!

I agree - if its a one time thing, its probably nothing. I have friends who are saboteurs. It's not pretty and we don't hang out anymore. And yet I still call them friends?!? What is that?

You're doing great! :)