Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Ramblings

So today I am making wedding cake #2 for a girl that I work with. She is from Pakistan and is Muslim, however since both her and her husband to be grew up here they want to incorporate the cake tradition into their ceremony, that is where I come in! So last night I baked the top tier and this morning I baked the bottom, next is the fondant and then the ribbon and pearls. I was even able to find an East Indian Bride and Groom for the cake topper. So far so good, I just want it to look decent! I will post a picture later on today. Looking forward to the wedding tomorrow night. I have never been to a Muslim ceremony and I'm looking forward to it... Next weekend another friend is getting married and she is of the Sikh religion, so I am looking forward to that as well(and I don't need to make a cake for that one- lol)

o.k. here is the cake (Nicole, don't look lol):

4 comments:

Nicole said...

mmmmmmm.....cake....

cdblueberry said...

Beautiful!

lol, if I ever (ha) get married, you'll have to come down to do my cake!

.
.
.
.
.
tonight's verification word is grace, I like that one much better, as my mother would say with the grace of god I'll get this weight off!

Unknown said...

CDB, I promise to come do your cake when you find a guy lucky enough to marry you :)

LOL, yes grace is a much better verification word.

Sephgirl said...

Beautiful cake Sharon! You are a good friend to make that for her. Enjoy the weddings. Nice to see see other cultures celebrating their traditions. :)