Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How Embarrassing

So imagine doing your regular 1 mile warm up on the treadmill..... you are trying desperately to finish in under 16 mins..... your trainer has taken up his normal spot to cheer you on standing on the rails on your right hand side - on no wait, this morning he is on the left hand side - that's strange. Anyway you run and run and walk and run, the sweat is dripping and you are out of breath. You raise the speed limit to 6.5 mph to try and crank out your personal best time for the last 1/10 of a mile and when you get to the 1 mile mark you are completely spent and jump off of the tread mill like you always do onto the left side rail........ (insert that scratchy noisy like a needle on an album here)

Oh that's right, today your trainer is standing on your left and when you jump you hit his foot and well after that, everything becomes a blur, you feel your other foot come out from under you, and your knee go down hard on the treadmill belt, but luckily you hang on for dear life to the top hand rail, but oh no, you can feel the tread mill belt burning into both knees as it speeds along at 6.5 mph.... you feel your trainer trying to lift you up off the moving death machine but you refuse to let go of the rails which makes it impossible for him to move you(or perhaps it is your 250 lb frame). Finally your trainer pushes the stop button, and you are able to let go of the rail and slide down and off the end of the treadmill.....

Ummmmm yep, this is what happened to me yesterday morning.... luckily I wasn't hurt, well except for the rug burn type marks on my knees, along with lots of swelling on one knee, oh and of course my pride..... However, I got through it the way I always do..... I laughed hysterically...... oh and this was the beginning of my session, I still had to do Muai Thai boxing for 45 minutes after this happened, plus 100 squats in 20 min intervals. leg presses, 50 crunches and had to run around the parameter of the gym 5 times.

If I could get through the embarrassment of this morning, man I can get through anything..... oh and its ok to laugh.......seriously it is

So the question you are probably asking yourself is what was my time.... 15.5 mins :D

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Holy god woman *S* I couldn't help but laugh because I know if it was me I'd be no good at all!!! I'd be trying to jump up and run away....


Good Time on the Run though!!!

cdblueberry said...

OH my god! Are you sure you are all right? I hope so!

Yep, like Nicole I would have had to run away. And cry in my car! Brave, brave woman to keep going!

And wicked time!

Sephgirl said...

Great visual! Thanks for sharing that - so awkward but you overcame and that great time as well! Way to go shaking it off and pushing through your workout! You're doing great! :)