Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Beck Diet Solution Day 1 and 2

So in addition to doing Optifast, I am working my way through the book called The Beck Diet Solution, train your brain to think like a thin person, by Judith S. Beck.  While I know the approach to weight loss I am taking is extreme, i do have a bit of a plan for keeping the weight off.  Part of that plan is to learn how to not use food to medicate.  I think that by taking food out of my life for 4 months will give me the opportunity to learn new ways to cope with stress, tiredness, upset, etc, instead of binge eating on food.  This book is cognitive therapy based and is full of exercises that I need to do.  I hope to record the work here.

Day 1 was to make a list of the reasons for losing weight.  I have made a flash card of all of my reasons and will read it often as I go through the process, but I will not share it here.

Day 2 is about choosing a diet. The chapter talks alot about choosing something healthy, where you lose weight slowly etc etc. Now I know many feel this is not healthy, but I am under a Doctors care and I feel like it will work for me.  I place my trust in my Dr. to know that I am healthy along the way.

I picked a primary diet and a backup diet that are going to give me the best opportunity, when followed properly, to succeed at weight loss, while providing me with an opportunity to completely remove all of the bad habits, both mental and physical, that I have spent a life time creating.  I chose this diet because I feel that not only will I get a plan that is doctor supervised, but it is also a plan that deals with the mental aspect of keeping the weight off, and provides necessary support for same.  This diet plan, also provided the services of a dietician so that when the time comes to add food back into my diet, Added to the support with this plan, I will continue to work on my cognitive behaviour, and my binge eating issues.  I am also enrolled in a chefs course to learn how to incorporate clean eating into my diet.  I have researched where to buy organic fruit and veg, and also clean meat and meat products to ensure I continue on a successful path after the weight loss phase has been completed.

I am trying to accept that I HAVE to follow a healthy eating plan for life.

My to-do' list is complete today!

Up tomorrow - Day 4 give yourself credit (skipping day 3 cause it deals with eating sitting down, and I'm not eating)

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

I'm totally stealing your idea and am going to start blogging my wAy through beck.

Unknown said...

That's great Blue. Look forward to cheering you on. :)