Monday, August 22, 2016

Diet Solution Day 7 - Arrange your environment

So I have gone through the first week of this book several times in the past and the good news is some of the things outlined in week 1 are things that I have pretty much already done. This tells me that I CAN change, and this book CAN help. Before I started this new plan, I tried to prepare both mentally and I also have been slowly working my way up to my start date.  I stopped buying sugar when I ran out a few months ago, same for flour.  On the weekend prior to my start, I purged my cupboards and refrigerator of everything that would a) tempt me during my weight loss (non-food) phase, and b) anything that would not be considered "clean" since my ultimate goal is to only incorporate clean foods into my diet when I hit the food introduction stage.  So my cupboards are bare, and so is my fridge, and both of my nieces wanted to come stay with me this weekend - one Friday, and one Saturday. What to do, what to do.....

I think I may have touched on this earlier but I will repeat again just because I want to make sure I give myself credit (see day 4)  I brought in only what my nieces needed (actually they didn't need it, but they wanted it) and asked that they do not offer me any, and asked that they take everything that was left, home with them.  I can look back on this now as a positive.... I strength builder. 

So on another note, I am finding it increasingly easier to look at the positive in situations, rather than looking at the negative.   example:

When I first started this diet, I kept saying how am I EVER going to last for 4 months without food.  This made me anxious, and beat my confidence down.   Then a thought entered my mind and I reframed the original statement by thinking, 4 months on this program is ALL it is going to take to get me to (or close to) the body, life, mindset I have wanted for 50 years.... 4 short months is ALL I need. 

It's all in the perspective right?


1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

4 months really isn't a long time in terms of a lifetime is it?

You've got this. You've got a solid week down.

You rock, my friend.

P.s., I just refund your blog tonight hence ALL the comments at once 🙃