Friday, August 19, 2016

Beck Diet Day 4- Give yourself credit, and update

Yesterday was actually my best day yet. I still feel a bit tired(better description is that I have no energy), but the hunger pains subsided for the most part yesterday.  My scale this morning shows me down 6.5 lbs (although I also lost the 2 that I gained on the weekend after my official weigh in, but I am not counting that).  So three more days to go in week number 1 and my weight is still dropping. I don't have an actual weigh in until the 26, so my first weigh in will cover a week and a half. Very excited to see the scale consistently dropping.

Day 4 on Beck Diet solution - Give yourself credit. 

I read this chapter, but really didn't take on the entire challenge of giving myself credit.  I am going to try again today.

I did give myself credit a few times.  For sticking to this diet for 4 full days, and I also gave myself credit for pulling myself out of a difficult situation on Wednesday evening.  Walked into my Dad's house and his wife was baking muffins.  I dropped off what I needed to and then told them I needed to go home because I was not yet strong enough to resist the temptation. 


"once I build my confidence by giving myself credit, dieting will be easier"

Evening update:  spent a lot of time today giving myself credit.

for reading my cards,
for sticking to plan
for not turning to food when I got stressed at work
for walking away from stress instead
for walking into a grocery store and just picking up milk
for going an buying a sub for my niece and not caving and buying on
for going back to the story tonight with my niece and not buying anything,
allow her to eat cookies in front of me and not waviering in my resolve

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

Woot! Going strong!

It is so challenging when others around us are eating "normally". Some people can just have the damn cookie. For me, the cookie triggers so many negative thoughts and behaviours.