Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Funday

So many lessons over the weekend.  My niece slept over at my place Friday, so I could take her to her soccer tourney on Saturday.  I told her I'd pick up dinner on the way home for her only and explained what I'm doing.  She wanted a sub so I stopped to grap it.  WOW, just walking into my local convenience store made me crave so many thing that I always used to stop and buy to snack on.  I grabbed milk, and then hit the sub place.  Again, there have been many nights I had stopped in a grabbed a foot long sub loaded with meat, cheese and TWO types of sauce.  I waited in line and just talked to myself reconfirming that in order for me to get healthy, there are going to be tests, I have to learn to fight against my cravings and my wants.  In the end I WANT to be thin and at a healthy weight.  I walked back over to that store later in the evening with my niece and she bought a snack (cookies) and drink.  I told her that you can get whatever you want since I have no food or drink in my place, but you MUST take it home with you when you leave. 

This type of scenario has played out most of my first weekend on program.  Smelling hot dogs cooking on the grill at soccer, being offered a drink at my sisters place, buying eggs and cheese and sugar doughnuts for my younger niece, (she stayed over at my place on the Saturday night).  There was one time that I convinced myself that it was ok to go and get Greek food for dinner in place of one drink.  I was able to talk myself out of this, as in reality I know this is just not the case. 

Now I am alone again, back in control,  STILL on track, and still super motivated.  The scale is showing me down 8lbs as of this morning with my one week weighing coming tomorrow. 

Over and above everything else, I am proud of myself for sticking to the program.  I have not succeeded in sticking to any type of plan for more that a day or two in the last 6 years, so this is just amazing for me.

I haven't managed to do the Beck diet solution, but will catch up today.