Monday, January 12, 2015

On a lighter side...

I was watching road racing yesterday. It was a huge race taking place in Italy and while not particulary a huge fan of cycling, I was interested in the riders endurance. They are basically riding for 6 hours up a mountain. I believe it was the Italian Dolomites (which I fondly remember from a trip to Europe years ago). I found it interesting the way the fans interacted with the riders, basically running along side them and cheering them on. Many wore helmets or clown wigs in various coulours and at some points on the road, the crowds were so big I was amazed that the riders could get through. Anyway, a friend of mine called and we were chatting and I was watching the t.v., but not fully paying attention, you know what I mean. And then it happened. At first I wasn't sure what I was seeing, if it was an old clip or what, but it soon became apparent that it was happening before my eyes, and I have watched the clip a thousand times, and crack up every single time.
(NOTE: it was nice to see the winner, in a very exciting time trial to end the race, was a Canandian, and it was the first time a Canadian had ever won this race - woo hoo)
OK, here is the video - enjoy

No comments: