Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Monday and my first 5k

Morning weigh in : 249.5

So today at the gym I did my very first full 5k run/walk. it took me 58 minutes to complete and i was completely exhausted when i finished. My trainer was talking to me the whole way about goals and seeing myself in the future and what is stopping me from really getting going... I was getting upset as it was because I was tired and I have come to the realization that I will not make my 20lb goal by september 4, and that has been eating me up. Then he mentioned that if someone I loved was dying of cancer and me running for ten minutes would save them, I would most definitely do it. This hit such an emotional chord with me. As I have written before, this year is the 10th year anniversary of my Mom's death to breast cancer and my goal is to run the 5k in her honour, so yeah, if running 5k straight would erase the pain that I and my family has suffered over the last 10 years I would run a marathon. Anyhow, I suppose I was a little bit tired or moody or whatever, because i totally broke down and cried as i was running*sigh*. I hate to be weak, but it just got to me, which I think is what my trainer was trying to do actually. Anyway, not looking for pity, just wanted to document my day in case I need to re-read it at a later date for inspiration.

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

Woot! Congrats on that 5K in excellent time!


It's not weak to cry! Especially something so close to the bone.
((hugs))

Tina xx said...

What a great achievement. Well done you.
Crying is a good source of release, and with something so close to the heart, no wonder you cried. (((hugs))). So sorry about your mum, I know what its like to lose a parent to cancer, very sad and traumatic.
Your doing so well. Your an inspiration x