Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday weigh in

Weigh in (home scale) 242.5

I am off to the gym for my weekly weigh in and workout. Lets hope their scale is kind to me as well, and I have a couple of lbs off. Back later.

Follow up: so I weighed in at the gym and lost 0.6lbs. I had a talk with my trainer and we have decided to sort of scrap the 20lb challenge. He said that the challenge was supposed to motivate me, but it was obviously causing my distress and that is not healthy!

So, today I worked my butt off doing upper arms and shoulders and back. My hands are still shaky as I type this, and I KNOW I am going to be sore tomorrow. Add to this the fact that my calves, thighs and butt are killing me today from Wednesday's workout and I am pretty much a mess- lol.

I picked up my bike yesterday and took it back to the cycle store to get a tune up, so i will pick it up later today, I have made plans to ride with a friend of mine, who lives close to the country. I am looking forward to the biking a lot, plus I bought a new helmet that makes me look so athletic. hahahaha.

I picked up my bike this afternoon and went by my dad's house to show him (he used to race bikes when he was young and I thought he might enjoy seeing it). So my uncle was there visiting him and I haven't seen him for quite some time...... and he commented on how much weight I have lost! Yippee, he is a very quiet man and normally doesn't say much so for him to mention my weight loss is awesome....

I am going out to see the Ugly Truth tonight and then out for a drink and appies with friends. But I will try my hardest to be good.

One final note that needs to be documented. My Nephew Jason called to tell me that he passed his high school equivilency exam. He is so excited, I told him I am proud of his accomplishment and told him that my Dad, his Papa had tears in his eyes when he told me earlier today, we are all very proud of him. He is now one step closer to his dream of being in the Armed Forces. He is now contemplating joining the Air Force instead of the Army.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I know all about those "challenges" it seems every time I sign up for one...it doesn't work!!! I end up like you frustrated and full of evil violent thought *laughs*
I know now that I will lose the weight. It might take me a while but I didn't eat it on me in one week so chances are I'm not going to drop 50lbs in one week!!!

Stay Strong....go find someone to rub you...


I mean go get a massage *LOL*

Tina xx said...

Sharon , thank you for that lovely message you left on my blog. It was very kind of you.
Sorry to hear what you went through with your mum, but like you said, at least you had no regrets because you did all you could, and Im sure she would have been very proud of the way you coped. Thank you again for your lovely words.
Well done with the weight loss too. Your doing fab. Stick at it. It is so worth it x

cdblueberry said...

I'm right there with you. Set up a specific challenge to lose weight in a certain time frame, I sabotage myself.

Life is not a race. Like Nic said, I'll get there. But it will be in my own sweet time :)

I think you are doing fabulous! All that exercise has to be transforming your body shape and more importantly making you healthier on the inside.


<--I had somebody *rub me* for an hour on Thursday. It still hurts.