Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2 week boot camp- Day 1

morning weight: 243

Exercise: 1 hr with trainer (wearing 40lb weighted vest)

-20min on the treadmill, goal 1.2 mile in 15 min (plus 5 min warm up), I managed 0.9 in 15 minutes

- balance of session was various exercises for a full body workout,

Workout intensity: Very high


In the spirit of my bootcamp, my trainer pulled out this weighted vest for me to wear. Of course my first thought was it's never going to fit me, but it did, although there was a gap in the front. My fear turned to absolute dread when he told me it weighed 40lbs. I felt every one of those 40lbs to the point where at one point I was on the floor, on a mat but could hardly muster the strength in my legs to pull myself up. Only a few months ago I was carrying an extra 30lbs around with me everywhere! Needless to say, the workout was super intense, I had to work way harder and it shed a lot of light because this is close to my start weight and it felt like it did when I started. My trainer was using this as an exercise to show me what I will go back to if I don't keep exercising, but me with my rose colored glasses, thought firstly about how far I have come in a few months, and secondly, if working out is so much easier 40 lbs lighter, just imagine how much easier it will be when I knock off another 80 :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I've always wondered what those vests were like to wear!!

Unknown said...

oh Nicole, they are BRUTAL. Seriously.

cdblueberry said...

Hey, seeing the world through rose coloured glasses is a beautiful thing!

That does sound brutal though!