Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gym Update- Wednesday Edition

This morning I was given the challenge of doing a rowing machine time trial. I needed to do 100 meters in 5 minutes. The last time I did this I did it in 8 minutes. So off I went pretending I was Marnie McBean or something silly like that. I was trying to focus on the distance that was ticking away. Anyway I nearly keeled over but I did it in under 5 mins. When I was done, my trainer was super excited and said I was actually faster than some of the 20 yr old guys that he trains! Woot, that made me feel grand.

lots of leg work today, and some extra cardio. Tomorrow morning I am going to attempt running for 4 minutes straight for the first time. Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it- lol

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I have no doubt in the world that you'll knock off that 4minutes of running and not break a sweat...

okay you'll probably break a sweat but *laughs* you'll do it!!!

cdblueberry said...

Woot! Kick those 20 year old's butts!

Good luck with the 4 minutes running!

Maybe some day the three of us could do a marathon together, if we buy Nic some protective gear :P


I need to find a picture so it comes up in my comments so you can "see" me like I can "see" you!