Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MIA

I have not felt like writing anything for the last while, but thought it's time to get back to it. I always seem do stay more focused when I write stuff down.

So today at the gym I did a 5 min warm up on the treadmill, and then BJ told me my goal for today is to do 1 mile in under 20 mins. So I did intervals 1 min run at 4 mph, 1 min walk at 2mph, for the entire time and I clocked in at about 18 mins, so not bad. The good thing is that my recover (walk time) was 1 minute when it is normally 2 minutes, so this is progress. I talked to BJ about perhaps doing some shorter sprints, as perhaps if I can push through some harder speeds, moving back down to a lower speed will allow me to run for a longer period. He thought that was a good idea and said we will try it next week. The second half of the class was all about the legs. Doing lines (high knees, lunges, frankensteins-lol I love the names) and then the last 15 minutes was on the bonsu ball. It was a rough workout but I made it through pretty decently. I need to make my goal of 2lb loss this week to stay on target with my 20 lb goal I have set, so I am trying to work out at a higher intensity than normal.

Not much else going on in my life at the moment, gearing up to take a couple of weeks holiday at the beginning of August which I am soooooo looking forward to.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

*sobs on her first day back from vacation and buried under her emails*

Can I come with you too???