Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wednesday workout

I'm a bit behind here, but I do want to post about wednesdays workout, I think I have found my calling, as far as fitness goes...... it is BOXING! I actually got to put on the big red boxing gloves and learn several punching and kicking combinations. It felt so awesome and it made me feel strong, and fit and fricken cool..... I had at least 3 people come up to me and make a cool comment about my boxing my trainer- lol. They were all guys and it was clear that they were liking the fact that I was sparring with my trainer. I felt great and since my trainer does MMA (mixed martial arts) and loves teaching boxing, I think this will be incorporated more into my workouts. He is even getting me some wraps for my wrists and hands for tomorrow. My wrists were bending because of the force of my punches which really hurt and my knuckles are skinned because of the friction inside the gloves.

Now this morning I could not go to workout though..... I woke up and could not move my arms. My legs are still sore from my workout on Monday. My hands and wrists are all cramped up from the boxing gloves and one knuckle is all cut from chafing. Add to that menstral cramps, and a low pressure headache and that pretty much sums up how I was feeling this morning- lol

Anyway, tomorrow is another weigh in and I am very worried. I am all bloaty and I am afraid I will be facing another outburst from my trainer like last week!.

I will finish with an NSV. I just came back from Shoppers Drug Mart, where I went to pick up a few things. In the drive over, I started to think about chips (my absolute downfall). I walked around the store and found myself in the chip isle thinking I would pick up a bad and have one or two (yeah right) So I found a can of low fat pringles, then saw a smaller can of pringles and looked at the calories. hmmmmm 150 calories for 28 g, which is roughly 1/10 of the big can or something ridiculous like that. Then I calculated when I go to the gym and nearly kill myself trying to run on the treadmill, I burn about 250 cal in 40 mins..... it made me realize that first off, I would probably be up on the scale tomorrow because of water weight, and second, i would need to run on the tread mill for like 3 days straight to burn off those chips... I decided it was not worth it and put them down and happily walked away. I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!! They will definitely look better on someone else's ass than mine :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

*does a great big happy dance*
WOOOHOOOO!!!!

That's wicked Sharon!!! So Proud of you!!!

cdblueberry said...

Awesome on the boxing and the chips!!!

*makes mental note not to anger Sharon*