Friday, July 3, 2009

250....... this is the number

of fricken crunches my trainer made me do today, and that is after doing a 45 minute cycle on the treadmill, which included 1 minute running intervals 10 times.

I was told last Friday that I am not progressing as quickly as I should and that I need to up my level of commitment, that means doing a workout every day, as well as working harder during my training sessions. This was hard to hear but it is the truth. For anyone who watched the biggest loser, I find that I am a lot like Joelle who is always trying to talk her way out of doing something..... I have Bob's tirade bookmarked on utube and have been watching it( it's the "shut the *F* up and do it" episode).

So I have been given a challenge. Lose 20lbs in the next two months or ...... shave my head bald! The key here was for me to pick a consequence that I just would NOT let happen, and well I am pretty fanatical about my hair, so this is what I chose. On a good note, I am feeling stronger when I am running, my legs are looking stronger, I am still shrinking, and at 251 lbs, I am fitting into size 18 clothes (even some of my old size 16 stuff nearly fits)

Once again things are tough, but I am trying to rise to the occasion and prove to myself that I can do this.......

3 comments:

cdblueberry said...

lol, this post isn't helping my fear of the gym :P

Nicole said...

LMAO
I really hope that doesn't happen Sharon...however your White Pages picture would be AWESOME bald *winks*

I love that Bob episode...he's always so calm and sweet...and he freakin blew a gasket it was great!!!!
I know you can do this Sharon...just think how great it will be when you stick your tongue out at your trainer when you don't have to shave your head *laughs*

Sephgirl said...

I think I am also likely to ride along and not push unless I really think about it. That is why I love the Biggest Loser so much - when I see them running and sweating, I know I am capable of that and I try harder.

Didn't like the Bob freak-out but know that I often stop just shy of meeting a goal. Not sure what that is about.

Now about that hair thing! Yikes! That is some serious commitment.

Glad you are enjoying the benefits of running and feeling good in an 18.

You're doing great! :)