Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday and vacation day!


Stepped on the scale this morning and it is showing me down 6lbs from my first weigh in Sunday morning. Now I am not getting too excited about this because I know it is probably all water weight. I have my official weigh in tomorrow at the gym and am interested to see what changes there are to mybody fat. Tomorrow's weigh in is going to be a starting point for me. I also drank senna tea last night to clean me out and help get rid of any carbs that remain in my system. It seems that the last of the bloatiness may be gone now.
I feel like the next few weeks is going to be a learning process for me. Yesterday morning I went mountain bike riding. My last meal was on Sunday at around 6 and I didn't eat anything in the morning before going to ride because of my IBS. I totally sucked out there on the trails. I just had no energy at all. Granted it was my first day out on the bike since last fall, but I was just done at certain points along the trail. Next time out I will have to find something that my body will tolerate prior to going out. Hopefully that will help.
Luckily my friend had a nice protein filled, low carb lunch prepared for us when we got back ( she is not into riding, so her husband and I go together)
Today I am going to hit the gym for a weight cycle (legs today I think) and then my plan is to go again tonight and do a second round of cardio. Like I said, this week is all about getting myself back on track.
This morning I made another new recipe that I found and I'll post it below.... I made the first batch as noted in the recipe but they didn't hold together and were too greasy. So I added a tablespoon of flour to the mixture and fried them up in a small amount of oil and they were yummy... Oh I also added garlic powder to the mixture to give it added flavour, , used green onion instead of regular onion, and used egg whites only (lol, yeah, so I guess I totally changed the recipe)
Zucchini Latkes
1 pound zucchini
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
Heat 1/4 cup oil in a pan over medium heat until heated but
not smoking.Grate zucchini by hand. Squeeze excess water, either by
wringing through a towel or through fists (like Chuck Norris). Mix in a bowl
with egg and salt.About 2 Tbsp of latke material makes each latke, and
you can fit 3-4 in the pan at a time. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or
until latkes are lightly browned.Drain on paper towel. Add more salt as
needed.Keep warm until serving.Makes about 12
latkes.Nutritional information: Calories: 131 , Carbohydrates: 1 g,
Fiber: trace g, Net Carbohydrates:1 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 14 g

No comments: