Sunday, May 20, 2012

Push to the finish


I have been feeling rather dejected the last few weeks, quite frankly I am obsessing about my personal training sessions coming to an end in August. I feel like the biggest loser contestants must feel when they are voted off the ranch before they reach their goal. I realize I have made leaps and bounds to get to the fitness level and the body shape I am at today, but I'm not where I want to be. I was supposed to compete in a try a tri (mini triathlon) in June, but quite frankly my goal was to actually COMPETE this time, rather than just finish. I am just not at a weight that I can compete, so I have opted out of doing it. My final fitness goal (to cap off my 3 years of personal training) is to complete a full Sprint triathlon in September. I need to lose a bit of weight before I do this and have decided to basically put everything I have into the next 3 1/2 months to make sure I am able to complete this.
My work outs have become insane, and I really don't think there is a whole lot of room for improvement, but as my weight drops, I hope to be able to up the length of my workouts.
What I have learned, is that getting to a healthy weight is about 10% about the exercise and 90% about what I eat. That has got to be my main focus going forward.
Something else I recognize is that I need to eat low carb to make any headway with my weight loss, so I am combining several low carb recipes (loosely following Dr. Poon, South Beach, and weight watchers).
I have booked a week off of work, to plan, cook and freeze meals, and to get my head in the low carb game and of course plan on documenting my journey here. I have warned my friends and family that I will not be eating out, hanging out with them at patios or having "just one" and I have removed as much stress from my life as possible. This is going to be about me, reaching goal, and proving once and for all that I can be that person that has been elusive for so long!

No comments: