Friday, May 25, 2012

A sobering thought


I came across this quote posted on a friends facebook page this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks. For years I have been playing the "why me" card... Why can't I lose this weight, why can't I get to goal and making excuses for why I am still obese. In reality the reason is that I have not been giving it my all... I would work the program when it suited me to work the program, and when it didn't suit me, I would easily and happily cave into whatever craving I had, or whatever function I wanted to indulge at.
Something happened to me last week where I decided that I WANT THIS, and I will do what needs to be done to get it. So far it's been working, but I am under no illusion that it will be smooth sailing from here on out, I am only a few days in. I am going to continue to take it one day at a time, and try to keep my will going strong.
I also included a picture from my hike yesterday. This is going to be my new "before" picture. Now let the shrinking begin!
UPDATE: I went to the gym today with this whole idea of doing what needs to be done. Worked out for half an hour (warm up on the elliptical) and then my trainer arrived and he put we through absolute HELL.... 90 minutes of boxing which included high cardio running, and punching drills. In between sets, my "rest" period was me lying on the floor doing 50 sit ups with my feet in the air..... In the 90 minutes I think I did 250 sit ups!
I wore my bodybugg today and my total calorie burn was 1, 200 calories..... Flipping heck! A big thanks to my trainer for training me for an extra 1/2 hour. He continues to do whatever is needed to get me to where I want to be.... and encourages me so much along the way!

No comments: