Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh what a difference a couple of years makes



Today I am going to try out a new gym with a friend of mine. Now this is a womans boxing club that is co-ed on the certain days, and my friend is one of the few men that take advantage of this. So I have been wanting to get down there for a while now and it seems today is the day. I have been boxing(and kickboxing) with my trainer once a week for pretty much the whole two years I have been training with him and realized that I am sort of in a comfort zone at my gym. I pretty much know all of the faces that are there and don't feel nervous in the least. This morning I sit here, feeling excited about going, a little bit nervous, which is natural, but not feeling that paralyzing fear that I used to feel.

Below is my blog entry from Jan 2009 when I walked into my gym for the first time. Going back and reading these entries, is always a reminder of how much I have changed. There is still lots of work to be done, but this after all a journey, not a race.
http://journeytofindtherealme.blogspot.com/2009/01/taking-chance.html

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You go girl!

I am so inspired by your attitude and all that you do - I would love to try boxing but I am still letting fear hold me back.

Unknown said...

Thanks Laurie. You have done so much yourself. Running, cycling, hiking and HOCKEY!!!! You inspire me.

When that old fear creeps up (which it does *often*) I say to myself, over and over. "Feel the fear, push through it, do it anyway"