Thursday, April 14, 2011

Drive by posting

Just wanted to document something new I did at the gym yesterday. My trainer promised it would make me feel really, strong. And it did. I started with a 5lb hand weight and basically what you do is start in a squat position and pull the weight up in the air, over your head, arm straight, while you go into a lunge position and then straighten up so that you are holding your arm(and the weight) straight up and standing straight up. I was struggling to get the motion down when I realized that the 5lb dumb bell was the problem.... was it too heavy????? Nope, it was light as a feather- lol That was a real eye opener for me.

So we increased the weight to 20 lbs and I did a set of 5 with each arm. Then increased the weight to 30lbs and did a set of 5 with each arm. THEN increased the weight to 35lbs and did a set of 5 with each arm. Over the next few weeks I will work my way up to 45lbs. That is just crazy (but in a good way). I will try and get some photos next week to add them to my blog.

Friday I box :)

No comments: