Sunday, January 16, 2011

Something is really bothering me

"Don't you dare think about quitting" Biggest loser quote

I have written that the intensity of my workouts have been increased in the last few weeks. Last Monday I did a weight cycle for my upper arms, shoulders, and back. I woke up in the very early morning in extreme muscle pain. I have been sore before, but this was almost unbearable, make you cry, pain. The pain was the same in both arms so I know I wasn't injured, just sore. This pain did not go away completely until Friday.

On Wednesday, I did a weight cycle for my lower body, and so on Thursday I woke up and was sore from head to toe basically. The other thing is that I have been running on the treadmill 1.5 miles before each workout, which is doing a number on my knees.

By the time Friday came around, I was tired from not sleeping properly, and also sore. I did my 1.5 mile run and then it was time to start my boxing workout. The long and the short of it was that I sucked, totally sucked, I was slow, and couldn't punch and I was doing a lot of foot work which was hurting my knees. My trainer was upset with me. Basically he said I am not working out hard enough and I am unable to do certain things because I am too heavy. I was sooooo upset. I was thinking that I was working so hard, especially the last two weeks. It was just a huge blow to my spirit.

Yesterday morning I woke up, most of the muscle soreness was gone, but my lower back was killing me, and both of my knees were swollen and sore. I spent most of the day with ice packs on my knees and back and was popping advil.

The thing is, I think my trainer is right. I do work out hard, but I only go 3 times a week, perhaps he sees that I am capable of more. I know for sure that my weight is hurting me. I need to work 100% harder on dropping some weight.

So today, I am sucking it up, I am going to buy a brace for my knees so I have some extra support. I am going to lower my carb intake this week and go to the gym every day.

No more excuses, no more feeling sorry for myself, and no more binging.

NOTE: I have no resentment at all to what my trainer said, he spoke only the truth, it was as if he said what my inner self has been saying to me all along.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I really don't know what to say. To me, your workouts sound insanely intense.

And if you are working out to the point where you are in pain, not sleeping, wearing braces etc, isn't that too intense for your body already?

Like maybe exercise more frequently, say 6 times a week, but don't kill yourself!

I know it isn't the same thing with the injury, but my physiotherapist always tells me to work out to the point of pain but not to workout past pain, if that makes sense?

Lol, your trainer scares me!

Amanda said...

Does your trainer have anything to do with your diet or do you handle that part? When I'm not losing weight it usually has to do with what I'm eating. I can email you the meal plan I've been doing for the past week. It shaved off 2lbs and body fat too. I work hard, but not until it's killing me and putting me in pain.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support guys. Amanda, I follow my own diet (currently doing weight watchers) but this is where the problem lies. I've not got my eating under control and my physical ability has outgrown my weight!
I would be very appreciative of any advise or diet ideas you can provide. My email is tito3299@hotmail.com. TIA

K-Mom said...

Good morning,

Well, I think you are doing everything you can ....Keep in mind physical trainers (for the most part) have never been overweight, obese or morbidly obese. They have NO clue how hard it is to work out with X amount of extra weight. I think you are working really hard and I am not sure it is really worth it at this point. I believe in weight training and cardio. However, if you hurt that much, that is dangerous. I would speak with him. The "no pain, no gain" theory is correct but, what you are describing is border line injury.