Sunday, January 9, 2011

Plus size model with a fantastic new job????

So I wrote last week that I have healed the inside of me over the last two years and now I am ready to change the outside. I feel in my soul that 2011 is going to be a huge year for me and, well it may very well be starting out with a bang.

- On Friday afternoon, | received an email from my boss inviting me to a job interview on Monday afternoon. A co-worker is going on mat leave and they are looking for someone from our department to take on the responsibility of covering her desk. Now her job has little to do with what the rest of us do and she is actually a level higher than me (senior law clerk- I work as a law clerk, but am basically self taught, no formal education). Word in the office is that both my boss and the VP, whom I will be working with, want me for this job. Knowing this I decided to take a chance and apply for it. Part one down, I got an interview!

- I have a secret desire to have professional pictures taken of me before I lose my curves. I love the pin up style photographs, nothing racy, just sexy, and I "liked" a local photographer on facebook, thinking that some day I will have enough guts to actually book a session. Well today I saw that she is looking for plus size models to do some photography work, no experience necessary, just between size 14 - 20. There is no age requirement either. I am going to send in a head and body shot.... Never in a million years did I ever think I would do this, but I thought, what the heck, I have nothing to lose. I write this not out of conceit at all but more about this being proof to myself, that I have learned to love myself, and love the curvy body I have been graced with. So with that being said, I will send off my pictures tomorrow and see if this 44 year old broad can begin a new and exciting career- lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) fingers and toes crossed for you!
Good luck tomorrow!

2) Ha ha, we really do think alike. I have the same plan, I'm having professional pictures done when I get to goal!

Unknown said...

Now why does that not surprise me in the least....lol

Katie said...

Good luck with the interview, fingers crossed for you....I think it would be awesome to have some pictures like that done! Good for you!!!!

Anne H said...

Healed on the inside ... and out..... awesome!