Monday, January 3, 2011

243

Is the number that I saw on the scale this morning at the gym. My trainer and I are starting fresh, and I have agreed to do whatever he tells me to do to be sucessful this year. I think I've mentioned before that my personal training sessions are paid up until October of this year and I'm not sure I can continue beyond that point, so this really feels like my last chance to complete this.

So my weight is back to 243. I did a fitness test today, and most of the numbers/times, reps, were better than my last fitness test a few months ago, so I am definitely on the right track. I generally train 3x a week with my personal trainer for 1hr each session. He wants me to come in 1/2 hr earlier on those three days. So I will be working out from 6:30 until 8:00 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. I will be on the treadmill from 6:30 until about 6:50 and my goal is to do 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I will have 10 minutes to rest, drink water, and stretch before my regular workout begins. Oh yeah, but beginning wednesday, these will not be regular workouts. I was warned several times that my workouts will be ramped up, he is going to kill me in the gym. Make me work out harder than ever before. I am scared, but I am also excited. I am no longer afraid that I cannot do it - I know I can and I look forward to the challenge.

Now in order to balance these workouts, I have agreed to listen to his advice regarding food. Basically on the days before my personal training sessions I will be eating fish(salmon), brown rice and broccoli for dinner, a healthy lunch, and healthy breakfast. I have agreed that I will "eat no crap" on the days prior to my workout, it has to be super healthy or else I will not make it through the workout. I also promised to eat some protein in the mornings before working out. I will try do this! I also plan on going to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and at the very least, doing 30 minute sessions. I am waiting for them to re-open the pool so I can get going on my swimming. It has been closed for renos for a while now.

Last night I saw the movie "the fighter". I just loved it. Since I have a new found love of boxing, I was able to draw so much inspiration from what the main character is able to achieve. At one point, in between rounds (he is losing the fight badly)his brother tells him to go and fight for all the bull shit they've had to endure for their whole lives- all the pain, all the suffering, fight for pride. I just loved this part, in fact I found myself clapping in the theatre at one point because I was soooooo into the fight scene- haha, I am such a dork!

For me, it all comes down to pride now. I really need to just get this done, the only thing holding be back is me, but that is about to change.

Onward and downward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how he can make them harder. I can't wait to read how!

Sephgirl said...

Wow, great way to start the New Year and really a great plan. I think you are going to do so well this year and following that plan will help you meet your goals! Good work!