Thursday, January 28, 2010

When will the workouts get easier?

LOL, I am told that they won't, they will get more challenging as my fitness level improves. I really just wanted to make note of yesterday's workout as it truly was the hardes workout yet, and I am not complaining about it at all, I am proud I survived it! Keep in mind the entire workout was done wearing a 40lb weighted vest (I previously posted that it was 30lbs but have since learned it is 40lbs- add this to the 240+ lbs I am currenlty carrying and WOWZER):

- 1/2 mile on the treadmill (warm up, no vest, at 3.5 mph)
- stepper - level 3 - 10 floors
- ladder( boxes marked out on the floor with tape)I had to do a series of footwork exercises in the boxes. Lots of jumping, high knees. etc, cardio was high)
- stair climber between level 2 and 3 30 floors with a 60 second break every 10 floors
- treadmill- incline 15, speed 1.5mph intervals with a 1 min recovery between sets
-stationary bike, 30second intervals from level 1 to 7, rpm over 80
-running cycle, through the gym back and forth, total distance of probably half a mile.

When I was done and took the vest off, I could not believe what I looked like. My entire shirt was soaking wet as were my face and hair. It looked like I had just emerged from a shower.

Tomorrow is Muay Thai, which I am so looking forward to!

Oh and tody at work we had a massage therapist in to give us a neck and shoulder massage. It was wonderful and totally got rid of a lot of tighness in my traps, which is where I hold most of my stress. So yeah, today was a good day!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

How did you get a massage therapist at WORK!!!! Send them to my BRANCH!!!!

Linda K. Hibbard said...

Try wearing wearable weights like “Body Togs” anatomically designed weighted sleeves worn on your arms & legs under your clothes. Put them on in the morning and you literally forget you have them on while increasing your calorie burn, muscle tone & bone density! Also wear while exercising to increase workout. Weighted vests work great too! visit: http://www.WomensPersonalFitness.net

cdblueberry said...

That is awesomely insane!

And free massages at work! Sweet.