Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dark Day today

Today marks a 10 year anniversay in my life, but it's not a celebration. I've tried very hard to keep my NY resolution to not eat fast food, but today was a day I just couldn't fight the fight, no much of an emotional rollercoaster today, and I tried very hard to push the painful thoughts and memories down with a BK burger and fries..... Guess what, it didn't work - surpise surprise. The only way I somewhat redeemed myself was with this mornings workout, which is the hardest I have worked in the year I have been working with a trainer. I'll post more about it tomorrow.

I know I've written about my Mom's death many times as her illness has been the cause of much of my struggle over the last 10 years. My goal going forward is to focus on her courage and strengh and her *f*'d up sense of humour (which I proudly inherited) and not to dwell on what has been lost. Breast Cancer sucks!

Tomorrow is a new day, April 17 is drawing closer and those 147 floors of the CN Tower are slowing whispering in my ear asking if I've got what it takes? if I'm up for the challenge ....... My response is "I WILL BE READY SO BRING IT"

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

(((hugs))) my friend


It is a lovely tribute to your mother, to focus on going forward and stomping up that CN tower.


(One BK diversion is not going to undo a month's worth of hard work nor give you the excuse to keep going for the rest of the year with your challenge:)

Tina xx said...

I think you deserve that BK.... sorry to hear about your crap dark day, and good luck with the CN tower adventure. Your mum would be proud of you x