Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fridays workout and an exciting New Challenge

Well as predicted yesterday's workout was the hardest ever but I felt great yesterday. I went in half hour earlier and did 1.5 miles on the treadmill before my trainer arrived and then we did a full hour of intense Muai Thai training. He pushed me harder than he has ever pushed me and began making me dig deeper within myself. Typically, my fears get the better of me and I decide I can't do more than this, however, I am starting to realize that I am capable of doing more, and working harder than I currently am, so this is going to be my focus for a little while.

On another note, I was reading a cyber friends blog, and she is planning on climbing the CN tower in April in support of WWF. For anyone who doesn't know, the CN Tower, until recently, was the worlds tallest free standing structure. I am going to ponder this for a few days, but I think the seed has already been planted and I may very well climb the CN Tower as well.

Right now I am telling myself "Feel the Fear, move through it, DO IT ANYWAY"

What do you guys think, lets take a poll, can this 43 year old, 250lb ex-smoker climb the CN Tower(we're talking 1776 steps, or 142 flights of stairs)?

Majority rules, and if the majority thinks I can, then I will :)

5 comments:

Joania said...

CYBER FRIEND HERE!! I say DO IT!! Can't wait to meet you! :)

LARRY BRADLEY said...

Sharon,

I am honoured that you read my blog. I am very glad that others are able to use my experiences as inspiration. That is why I read other articles, so that I can keep motivated. I read some of your postings and from the small amount that I know, you are not too far off from where I started back in 2005. Anything is possible if you really want to change. I tried a few times before I was able to stick with it so do not give up. I was probably a touch over 220lbs and enjoyed lots of beer and as much food as I could take in. Mostly, sugary snacks in large quantities instead of regular meals. I had a few things go wrong and finally realized that I had to change or a bunch of things in my life would be lost. That gave me the initial boost and as I watched myself improving it became easier to stay on course. I really wish you all the best at finding your ideal course. It appears that you have the right intentions so I hope you have the support and power within to stay with it.

Larry

Amanda said...

Yep you can do it, even if you have to crawl :)

cdblueberry said...

On you know what I'm going to say!!!

You can do it and you will do it!!!

Sephgirl said...

I agree - you can definitely do it! Look how you did that 5K - you didn't think you could but you did. And you know what, fear really does hold us back from doing what we want. I vote YES! DO IT! You'll be glad you did! :)