Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 2 Summary and I AM climbing the CN Tower

Unofficial weight - 242.5 - Down 7.5 since Jan 1
Burger King Challenge - 24 days down - 48 days to go
No alcohol Challenge - Not a drop since Dec 31, 2009
Restaurant Dinner once a month Challenge - I've been out 2x this month(one choice was a healthy Pho soup and the other choice was a not so healthy chicken fingers and fries and bread from jack astors. Went over my daily points but still had a good calorie deficit because of a really hard work out that day)

Signed up this morning for the CN Tower stair climb, I think I broke out in a bit of a sweat as I hit the send key to make it official. I have been thinking about all the things I have missed out on in the past, opportunities that I opted out of because I simply couldn't do them -


Climbing Gros Morne Mountain in Newfoundland(see picture above) sticks out in my memory the most, I walked about 10 minutes into the trail and realized I just couldn't do it, so while my friend carried on, I had to do the walk of shame back to the starting point, while passing all the eager climbers who came in behind me and then spent the entire day, sitting around on my ass, smoking like a chimney and feeling sorry for myself- lol

I have decided that the CN Tower is going to be my mountain, well at least until I can plan the mountain climbing trip of my dreams - which is to climb the Chilkoot Pass in the Yukon,

" In 1897 when the word got on, the Klondike Gold Rush was on. People from all walks of life, stampeded to the gold fields. The most popular route to the gold fields, was over the Chilkoot Pass from Alaska through British Columbia and into the Yukon."

Here is the link to a picture of the beauty that awaits on the Chilkoot Trail
http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/yt/chilkoot/activ/activ1a_e.asp

So, life is chugging along nicely at the moment, I am positive, feeling good and ready to see that scale drop into the 230's really soon.

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

yay! I will be cheering you on the whole while!