Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just some odds and ends and jokes

So the odd part is that I was upset yesterday, even though I am crazy for feeling this way, but when I saw the published list of stair climb finishers, there were about 4500 participants and there were 15 who finished slower than I...... BUT I have gotten over it today after thinking about where I was a year ago so I know it was a dumb thought, but I wanted to capture it in words for future use....

step back in time abour 6 years ago, I hurt my back and somehow ended up stuck in bed, unable to lift my big ole self up into a sitting position. I live alone, but there was a phone beside my bed, so I could have called for help, but I was too proud, or didn't want to alarm anyone, or didn't want to go through the shame of having someone come and break into my apartment to "save" me. Well after 3 days of not moving, no food, no water I started to feel a bit weak and decided to try one last time to get up. I managed to get into a sitting position but realized I was too weak and couldn't get up, so I ended up calling my Dad to come save me, which he did and everything was fine.

Fast forward to my stair climb....I'm certain my Dad was terrified I was going to have a heart attack, but he just kept saying be careful, be careful...... So I was taking to my younger sister yesterday and she mentioned she has been battling vertigo, and I mentioned that I have had that before...... note the BEFORE, not now. So tonight my Dad calls and asks if I am alright because somebody mentioned that I am feeling a little dizzy after my climb- OH FFS...... On one hand I am sad that my 74 yr old father still has to worry about my health, but I the other hand I want to say please give me a little credit here..... show a little bit of faith in me...... I told him I am fine and in fact I have already began training for my triathlon....... wait until I invite him to my boxing match- lol, that will get him going- haha

Anyway, as per usual, I don't know where I am trying to go with all of this but I just wanted to let it go from inside of me and move on.

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

Oh my god. That is horrible. 3 days!

This makes your journey all the more amazing. To go from that to climbing towers and punching people :)

And I get that from my parents ever day. EVERY single time dad answers the phone, what's wrong, are you all right? Every single time, and 99.9% of the time it is!

It annoys the heck out of me but I am grateful to have him :)