Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Dreaded Man Cold!

Ever heard of that term. Apparenlty men become whiney when they are sick.... well I am not a man (in case you didn't notice) but I am probably the biggest suck to be around when I am sick. I went to the gym Wednesday morning, wasn't feeling great but not too bad either. Came home and showered and was driving to work when the cold and flu symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks! I still have the head congestion, you know where your entire face hurts, and the runny nose and fever- blargh. I was supposed to go check out a martial arts gym with my trainer last night which I am pumped to go see but had to cancel, and I had to cancel a date tonight which I was so looking forward too..... ok ok, I will stop whining..... I just hate being sick. Hopefully I can get in a workout tomorrow morning.

So speaking about working out, I have been wearing my body bugg when I work out to calculate calories burned. It's a little bit surprising to see the calorie burn when I think about how hard I work out but it is also interesting to see most activities, with boxing being the exception, burn between 275 and 300 per hour. Here is how my last six training sessions stacked up against my CN Tower climb:

CN Tower : 1 hr 10 min calorie burn 310

Weight cycle: 1 hour calorie burn 275

Cardio: treadmill 1 min intervals at incline 15, speed 3.5 and lunges in between sets - calorie burn 293

Boxing : conditioning, wearing 40 lb vest 1 hr calorie burn 495

Weight cycle: 1 hr - shoulder back and legs calories burned 277.

Cardio: 1 hr bike 10 k lv 5, rpm between 80 - 90, treadmill intervals lv 15, sp 3.5, calories burned 410.

Wow, I just downloaded wednesdays workout and the bike and treadmill gave me a great calorie burn, this is something I will look at doing myself when I go.

Finally, a fitness progress report..... Plank position- lol. when I started I could hold the plank position for oh about 5 seconds before collapsing in a pool of sweat on the floor..... Wednesday I did the plank position for 1 min 16 seconds yay!

1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

*sprays post with lysol*

I hope you feel better soon!

And wholy schmoly look at those boxing calories. mmm. hitting stuff fun. and good for you. I might have to try that one of these days :)