Sunday, April 25, 2010

Boxing and becoming an athlete

Well I boxed on Friday and had an amazing workout. I was feeling really good about the workout and how I was feeling. My trainer brought his camera in with him and taped one of the sequences. I didn't want to look at the video because in my mind I have a vision that I look amazing, cut like a boxer, strong arms and have perfect form. I know that is not reality, but that is what I imagine and my hope is that if I can see it, I will eventually be it -lol. So anyway I finally watched the video and was actually pleasantly surprised by how I look. Not great by any means, but really not that bad either. I am hoping to get a copy of the video and will post it here eventually.

I took Friday off of work and took my Nephew to my eye doctor to do his very last requirement to join the Canadian Armed Forces, and his vision is fine. He has completed all of the tests, all of the interviews and all of the paperwork and is official accepted into the army. He now has to wait until there is an opening in the artillery section which is now where you has decided to go. I am so proud of him. He has come such a long way and I look forward to watching him graduate from boot camp sometime in the coming year.

Finally, I went to my cousins house yesterday and saw lots of relatives whom I haven't seen since Christmas and it was so funny, and a bit surreal, that everyone now relates me to fitness. One friend of the family hugged me and then yelled out to everyone, "she just climbed the CN TOWER" while everyone cheered. My cousin and her husband were planning our upcoming triathlon and my cousin was asking me to help her pace herself in the pool, and another cousin, her husband, and her son, all specifially have me in mind to run a 5k race in June with my cousins son for crohn's desease as he was recently diagnosed, which of course I will do. It was just so strange and so wonderful to be looked at as an athlete, having my family look at me with pride and think of me as a bit of a role model for what can be accomplished.

Having a great weekend so far.... amazing date night on friday night, helped out a friend yesterday who was having a spa birthday party for her daughter, 1st communion party Saturday night and today, I am helping out my sister who is having a spa birthday party for my niece. I will be glad to get back to work tomorrow, just so I can rest!

No comments: