Sunday, April 18, 2010

Challenge #2 done- time to refocus and move on

So today has really been about reflecting on yesterdays accomplishment and using all of the positive aspects of my climb to motivate me in moving forward on my journey. I was talking to my friend Merlyn, who climbed with me, today and we both agreed that every moment of yesterday was such a positive experience, and we were both glad that it was so difficult to complete because in finishing it, we both realized that we really are capable of doing anything! For me I was also excited about feeling like I fit in with everyone else climbing, even the conditioned athletes who passed me were breathing really hard and were struggling a bit and we met up with many many people who were basically going at the same pace as us, so we would pass them, stop to rest, then they would pass us etc etc. Nobody turned to gawk at me as they passed, nobody snickered at the fat girl trying to catch her breath, there was nothing but support, and encouragement for what I was doing. That really is a big thing for me, and I know I beat this issue to death on here, but the reality is that is the one thing that holds me back I think.... is after spending my entire life trying to go unnoticed and fly under the radar, putting myself out there is a difficult thing...... blah blah blah.

Anyway, today I am emptying my entire fridge of anything that is not healthy, not fresh, or is beginning to look like a science experiment *blarg* and tomorrow I will re-stock, replan, and kick my ass back into gear. I have also dusted off my body bugg and will try and get back into using that. It is really quite surprising to me that climbing the CN Tower for 70 minutes only burned 310 calories. When I box (conditioning) at the gym, I burn approximately 500 calories. Since my knee is feeling better these days, I am going to see if I can start adding some more cardio to my routine, and also getting in some extra time at the gym..... even if it's just walking on an incline in the evenings.

No comments: