Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Meltdown - the aftermath



Had a good text exchange with my trainer last night.... He was at a ceremony last night that was welcoming him as a firefighter.... one of the biggest days of his life, and he still took the time last night to write to me.  If he won't give up on me, how the heck can I give up on myself.... boxing is the one thing that has really made me happy over the last few years. 

Funny thing is, he often quotes Rocky or some other inspirational meme, because he knows that I just love them... haha.  so he sent me the following quote from one of the Rocky quotes.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life. "

I'm going to take the balance of this week off and then get back to training next Monday.  I need the week to focus on the juicing, and get through some stuff at work.  

The scale is moving though, weigh in this morning was 271.2

3 comments:

cdblueberry said...

lol, I'm reading these in order that they were posted and commenting as I go.

If boxing truly makes you happy and you love the time spent doing it, then stick with it. Not because someone else wants you too but because you want to.

foolsfitness said...

I'm with the above poster, if you love boxing box. I never understood working out, punishing yourself... but I will swim because I enjoy swimming, I will ride a bicycle because I love that feeling of flying along.

I enjoy looking around your blog. I don't know anyone who boxes. But if that is your bliss I think it's wonderful to follow your bliss.

At the Foolsfitness blog we are all about the fight. -Alan

Unknown said...

thanks for the comments guys. And Alan, now you DO knows someone who boxes. I appreciate your comments.

Keep up the fight. Your posts about your veladrome (sp) adventures motivated me in the past, now that I am back on my blog, I will drop by and see how you're doing!