Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My biggest obstacle - the mighty binge

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Started with a decent breakfast and a good lunch.  I left work and started the drive home, and all of a sudden I am in the Tim Hortons drive through ordering a large double double coffee and a 10 pack of timbits.  I needed a coffee with all that cream and sugar, and a bunch of doughnut holes like a hole in the head, yet here I was gorging on them on my drive home.  In order for me to be successful, I know I am going to have to learn how to stop my binging, I just need to figure this out.  Luckily, I was boxing last night so I was able to burn the calories off.  Even that was hampered because of the binge I ended up having IBS symptoms when I started boxing..... terrible cramping that made me sit off on the sidelines for 15 minutes before I felt well enough to get back in.  I was telling myself that I have spend waaaay to much time on the sidelines in my life.  I'm not going to stay there any more. 

My trainer asked me how my eating is going and how much I've lost.  I told him that my weight is fluctuating between the same 5lbs and he asked me why.  I truthfully told him I have not been making great choices and he asked again why.  I have such a hard time with this question.  I don't know why..... I said I am very much stressed with my job, but I honestly think that's just an excuse to eat.  I know in life, there will always be reasons to give in and eat, I need to learn to turn to something else.  My trainer looked at me and said so seriously..... It's good that you are stressed, cause that means your alive.... the only time you won't have any stress in your life is when you're 6 feet under".  We both laughed about it, but his point was well taken.  I need to figure this thing out.
He then proceeded to kick my butt with the boxing drills, followed by 6 x 50 crunches.... yup 300 crunches.  I am pretty sure that I now have abs of steel. they are just protected by my chubby tummy.

Today's goals:
- drink water AT WORK
- Get some cardio in at the gym tonight
- add a fruit or veg to my lunch (pack an apple)
- get in some stretching or use the foam roller tonight.



1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

I wish I knew they why too.