Friday, March 16, 2012

And the crowd went wild.....



Today, was a hard day at the gym. My warm up was 20 minutes on the eliptical doing short sprints followed by high level slow intervals.... next up 30 floors on the stair climber and then some stretching. 5 minutes to catch my breath, and get my hands wrapped and my trainer was there to start a boxing workout. I should have known when he started the session with a big smile and then tells me "I'm gonna kill you today" that it wasn't gonna be pretty - and it sure wasn't.

lots of punching the bag, followed by punching sequences on the pads. He was really pushing my to be faster and punch harder. He kept pushing and pushing and I really felt myself get into a zone. I was moving, and hitting, and ducking and slipping. I did a total of 5 x 3 minute rounds and although it was hard, I kept finding ways to dig deep - in the past I would have been telling myself that I couldn't do it.... now I tell myself positive things - you are strong-you are capable- show them what you're made of - show them what you got! My trainer pushed me right to the last punch - In fact my last punch - right at the buzzer was not the greatest- so instead of finishing on that note- he pushed me to to a perfect combo - and I did, full of power.

Oh, where did the title of this post come from? When I box it's basically in the general population of the gym. I find it funny that people just stop what they're doing and watch us- Like really for a long time - To me that is the greatest thing, and not in any type of conceited way. I've hid myself away from the world my entire life, trying to make myself invisible so that I could avoid judgment for my size. When I box, I am so comfortable being out there- actually it's not just comfortable dare I say it's confidence.Phew, there I said it - CON-FID-ENCE baby! It's so nice to see these people watching me and I don't see any judgment in their face, I see admiration and awe.

At the moment I am trying to concentrate on the how great I felt this morning instead of focusing on how freaking sore my shoulders are- haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh, this made me tear up :)