Saturday, May 16, 2009

Getting Back on Track

Why is it that it is so hard to get back on track once you fall off the wagon. I went on a cruise for a week, and pretty much let myself go, I gave little thought to what I was eating and drank a bit too much as well. The good news is that I felt comfortable the entire week in every situation which is a complete 180 from the old me. I used to go on vacation and sit frozen in fear on the lounge chair and never go into the ocean because I was too afraid to walk along the beach in a swim suit.... On this trip I enjoyed the ocean at every opportunity, and it was fantastic. I also for the first time had a professional photo taken of me. My Dad has photos up on his wall of his three daughters and pic of me is my high school photo from 1983! So here are the two photos I had done:




I plan on taking a few more photos next year when I hope to go cruising again, which will be my "after" photos.

I told myself over and over, that this week I will get back on track, back to the gym, back to healthy eating, but that is yet to happen. I had two days of training with BJ, but now he is away until next friday. I will try and push myself to go to the gym at least a few times this coming week and plan on doing a "healthy food shop" today.

This seems to be my first test since beginning in January where motivation and confidence is lacking but I will take it as a challenge and kick it's ass!!!!!!

2 comments:

cdblueberry said...

If this is your "before" pictures, I think your "after" shots are going to be off the scale!!!

You look fantastic! What a wonderful idea!
I would never think of having my own photos done. Definitely a final goal reward!

Nicole said...

That second one will make a great whitepages shot!!!

Your pictures are great. I have a friend who used cruise photos for her before and afters...she dropped 125lbs and she looks fantastic!!!

So just know that taking cruise pics is apparantly a good karma thing to do!!