Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

I thought I would take a moment and just reflect on the last 6 mos. I say six months because next week I will celebrate 6 mos smoke free. I will be on a cruise ship in the Caribbean with a bunch of family members, and i plan to celebrate the occasion somehow.

So rewind to 6 months ago. I spent my free time sitting on my couch in front of the t.v with an ashtray and a pack of cigarettes next to me. I literally sometimes spent the entire weekend in my pajamas doing this. I was exhausted all of the time, I was sad, depressed, unmotivated, unhealthy and just not happy at all. Today, I can truly say I am happy, excited, motivated, and getting healthy. For the first time in many years I LOVE the person that I am and I am so excited to see the changes to my body, my confidence and my outlook. I still have a long way to go, but for the first time ever, I KNOW I will get there.

I love to read inspirational quotes (who doesn't right?) and I think my favourite quote at the moment is: a Journey of a thousand miles, begins with the first step. I was so afraid to change my life, I mean truly change my life and the person that I was, I honestly think I was afraid that I would change and still not like the person that I had become. But I decided to take a chance, to give this a real shot, I mean put every ounce of my effort into making the change, and I am so glad that I did. It is a journey for sure, but like any journey it's not really about the destination at all, it's about what you learn along the way.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Six months smoke free is amazing!
Congratulations for that and have a fantabulous time on your trip. I want to be where you are and I will be one day.
I will be on my way to being as fabulous on the outside as I feel on the in!!!
*S*

Unknown said...

Thanks Nicole.... And you are well on your way to getting where I am. It was really hard(and still is) but ohhhhh so worth it.....

cdblueberry said...

I, actually, teared up a little reading your post.

You should be so proud of taking your life back and changing the direction.

It IS very inspiring!