Friday, May 29, 2009

Gym Update

Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong


So after my last post about questioning whether or not I could really get fit, I found new motivation. One of the girls who works out with my trainer BJ before me asked me if I would run a 5k race with her in September. BJ is on board too so looks like I will be running a 5k race in the Toronto Marathon on October 18.

This morning I woke up and all the previous aches and pains were gone and I felt rested and renewed and couldn't wait to get to the gym. Today was a workout on the treadmill I had to run for 45 sec, then walk for 2 mins. Then when it was not too hard, BJ upped the time to 1 minute, that is full out running (well more of a jog really- speed set at 4.5mph)for 1 min....... so I ran and when I hit the 1 min mark BJ screamed out YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS ONE MINUTE! Now normally I would have been mortified at having all the other people on the treadmills turn to look at me, but today I just muttered "Way to draw all the attention to me" We were both beaming from ear to ear. It really is nice to work with someone who gets as much joy out of my accomplishments as I do. Anyway I was on the treadmill for a total of 45 mins, I was actually running for about 18 of those minutes, I am so freaking excited by this it isn't even funny.

Tonight however, my legs are really sore and I am exhausted, but I am back in the game- and loving every second of it!

I have included a picture of me and my niece, which was taken on the weekend simply because I love the way my arms look. I have stared at this picture so many times and never seem to get tired of it. - lol (You see I have always HATED my arms and they way they look in pictures, but in this one, they are not too bad)



1 comment:

cdblueberry said...

Those arms are looking good!

You look so happy too :o)