Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year= New Opportunity

I have spent most of today thinking about resolutions and also taking stock of my life, where have a been in the last year, and most importantly where do I want to be at the end of this year.

I am not very big on making New year resolutions, probably because I think I am just setting myself up for failure. I would rather say that now that the holiday's are over and I made it through without even ALMOST smoking, it's time to move into the next phase - weight loss and exercise. Ultimately I resolve to start taking care of me in 2009, that means putting myself first and putting all of my time and energy into making me the best person I can possible be. Weight loss and exercise are definitely going to be added to my life, but also I have started down that path to facing the issue of low self esteem and talking about the negative effect of years of being made fun of and teased because of my weight. I plan on continuing with the hypnotherapy in an effort to release all of that pain from deep withing my soul. I am also going to distance myself from a certain guy in my life (he lives 3000 km away, but apparently that is not enough haha) because I realize that he is not a positive influence in my life.

Onward and Upward - errrrrr Downward.

No comments: