Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Gym- Day 2

So the bad news(sort of) is that I opted out of the orientation for the spinning class tonight (It is happening right now!) But the good news is that my co-worker belongs to the same chain of fitness centres and she is looking for a gym buddy! Yeah. We are planning on meeting up at the gym tonight and doing the machines that I learned how to use last night and then she will show me how to use the treadmill and the other cardio equipment. In a way I feel like I am being a coward but in another way, I am trying my best to make this work. Any way I can.

So this afternoon I got a call from my hypnotherapist saying that it has been a while since I have been in. She is the one that has inspired me to go to the gym and actually offered to train me (she is a certified PT). I opted to join a different gym than the one where she goes simply because this gym has a womens only section and I can get a corporate rate. Anyway, my last hypnosis session (for weight loss) was far from enjoyable. In fact she was trying to get to the root of my weight issue. What purpose does all of my excess fat serve in my life. I was not able to talk about it that day,I simply was not ready but that session did bring a lot of old pain to the surface and I ate my way through the Christmas holidays and stuffed down my feelings again along with 10 extra pounds of fat. I made an appointment for next week and I think I am ready to talk about stuff. I think this may be the key to being sucessful in my weight loss journey. I have thought a lot about things that have happened in my childhood years and I seem to be able to see the corrolation to my life today a bit clearer. I will write about this stuff more later, I just have to deal with it first. Like I said before, it's nothing terribly shocking, just episodes of being teased as a kid and the negative impact it has had in my life, with regard to weight loss, relationships, self esteem etc.

Yes, my journey continues. I can't believe how hard it is to push past the fear. I can only hope that life on the other side of all of these issues is worth the fight that I am embarking on. Time will tell :) Now it's off to the gym !

No comments: