Thursday, April 16, 2015

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

And so it begins - again.  I feel a sense of excitement inside of me today.  Going to do my best to follow this program. Really put my trust in my trainer.  I have watched him help many people around me lose weight but I, while I have lost quite a bit and then regained several times, do not feel like I have been a success.  I have come a long way, of course, but getting to my weight loss goal has eluded me.... that is my focus until the end of the year, and I am going to put my full trust in my trainer to get me there.

Last night I signed up for a further 72 personal training sessions,  which will take me close to the end of this year - 3 training sessions per week. I have gone back to more actual training rather than boxing 3 times a week.  I will still get back to the boxing, but not quite yet. I need to work on losing weight and building my cardio up again.  And of course losing this weight. I do not know how I functioned at 280lbs for so many years.  I cannot function now.  My body aches, my knee is injured simply because of the weight I am carrying. I am out of breath after a short walk and my self confidence is gonzo!  So my priority HAS to be doing all that I can to lose this weight.

Which leads me to operation weight loss, volume 3, 925!!!!  LOL    I got my plastic back last night..... but just long enough to a) pay a grand towards my training, and b) run upstairs to the bank to get some cash out of the bank.  My "allowance" for the week is $160.00.  $60. to buy groceries; $60. to put gas in my car and $40. for anything else (entertainment).  I was kidding my trainer asking if my entertainment could involve a bag of Doritos......  He wasn't impressed :)

So Phase 1 of my diet is for the first week, no meat (just eggs), and is very basic:

Morning:  1-2 glasses of room temperature water
One piece of fruit (I will be juicing)
coffee/tea, milk no sugar

Mid morning: one fruit, or 1 cup plain yogurt, or 2 poached eggs, or 1/4 c ricotta cheese, or 1/4c cottage cheese

Lunch:  clear soup broth; salad- mixed greens, tomatoes; peppers, onions, cucumbers, mushrooms, sprouts, 2 hard boiled eggs(optional), salad dressing: oil and vinegar

Afternoon snack:  1 cup Yogurt or 1 cup fresh fruit

Night time: salad (must eat first and wait 20 minutes before continuing with meal) dressing: oil/vinegar

steamed veggies (lots of cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, zucchini, carrots, okra, mushrooms, spinach, onion)

Beans/legumes- (main source of protein) lentils, mung beans, black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, edamame.

Grains- (main source of carbs) wild rice, brown rice, barley and quinoa

Unlimited salad and vegies, combine protein and carbs at 1-1 , ratio.

So today I will do my groceries (using my $60 budget) and tomorrow will be day 1 of this plan. 

I have been really watching my food for the last couple of days and my weight is dropping. I have decided that I am not going to step on the scale for a bit.  As I am writing this my mind is saying for a month, but I am not sure I can go a month without stepping on a scale, since I weigh myself first thing EVERY morning and have done so for many many years.  Let me start with a week. I will do an initial weigh in tomorrow morning and then will not weigh in for a week. 

It's time to get serious....

No comments: