Sunday, April 19, 2015

Recipe- Rice and beans and veg

I basically mixed together three separate parts of my dinner and it makes a fantastic dish. I need to get it down in writing so I don't forget it.


1 cup wild/long grain rice cooked according to directions
1 can black beans, rinsed
1/2 small onion,
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup (or to taste) of soy sauce
6 cups baby bok choy
2 zucchini's  (I did a spiral shred of mine)
1 large carrot (I did a spiral shred of mine)
1/2 small onion chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
3 TBS olive oil
black pepper and salt to taste

1.  Mix together the rice with the can of black beans
2.  Steam the bok choy in chicken broth mixed together with the soy sauce
3  In a separate pan cook the green pepper and onion garlic in 1 TBS olive oil until al dente. Add in the zucchini and carrot and continue to cook until slightly softened.  (I needed to add 2 TBS of olive oil to keep it from sticking but you could probably use some chicken broth as well)

4.  Mix the zucchini/carrot mixture into the rice mixture and plate.  Add some of the bok choy to the rice making sure you drizzle some of the juice (soy/broth) on the rice.

I will add a picture tomorrow  I ate it too fast tonight to stop to take a picture (It was that good)






No comments: