Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fighting the Demon

Weekend have long been my biggest challenge.  Without the structure of my work week, I have fallen off the wagon many of times on the weekend.  Weekend binging has long been my demon. 

Coming into my first weekend on program, I was a little nervous but all in all it has turned into a pretty decent weekend.  Was I 100 % on my eating plan - no, but while I made a split second decision to open a package of crackers and pull a pound of butter out of the freezer and throw some into the microwave to make it spreadable..... for me the take away (and by take away I don't mean a large burger and fries to go lol) is the fact that I was able to stop BEFORE the entire package was gone.  This reinforces the fact that for now I need to clear my home of anything that will stop me from getting back on track.  I also need to continue with not having access to my credit card and bank card. 

Something that really struck me was when I went grocery shopping on Friday with a 60.00 cash budget.  I realized that for the first time in my life, I was actually looking at the price of food!  In the past I have simply filled my cart with whatever I wanted and not paid any mind to what it was, or how much it cost.  Being on a limited budget made me re-think what I needed.  Big wake up call for me.

Anyway, after yesterday's minor slip (which is forgotten as of now), today has been a great day so far.  Another big salad for lunch with 1 boiled egg ( I am loving this salad - never been a salad eater), and I started to prep some veggies for todays dinner. 

Last year I picked up a spiral veggie slicer, and pulled it out, and dusted it off today.  I made a bowl of zucchini and carrot "noodles" for todays dinner and will cook them up with some green pepper, onion, and a bit of olive oil and garlic.  YUM, can't wait.

My goal is to make it to the gym later today, to get in some cardio.  Perhaps I will go and watch the Jays game while I work out. 

I am trying (again) to make salad in a Jar.  so hopefully my veggies will stay fresh for Monday,, Tuesday, and Wednesday's lunches 

Here are some food prep pictures from today:





No comments: