Sunday, January 1, 2012

Go!

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I was at a fantastic party last night. My aunt and uncle have been hosting a NYE party for as long as I can remember. Soca music is blaring..... the dancefloor is packed all night long, the atomosphere electric and there is soooooo much love and joy in the room. (see video clip below).



At midnight, amongst the kissing, and tooting of horns and screaming and clapping, I took a quick moment to reflect on 2011 and all of the amazing things that have happened and how much I have changed. This can be summed up perfectly in something my cousin said to me a few months ago when we met for lunch after not seeing each other for quite a few years. He told me that I am a completely different person that the shy, quiet, unconfident person that he knew. That was confirmation that the work that I have been doing IS WORKING! While celebrating the New Year, I also took a quick second to think about 2012 - This is going to be my year. It is in me to finish this and I will. As the first minutes of the New Year ticked away, I said to myself "today is the first day of the rest of your life"

AS of today, I will live with no more doubt about what I can or cannot achieve. Doubt is no longer an option. I will think like a average sized person, I will work out like an athlete, and will live my life as if I am at that place that I long to be(goal weight, "normal" )....... My body is just going to have to catch up to my mind.

Evening update:

tonights dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 2 TBS tzaziki sauce, organic brown rice with greek spices, greek salad (tomato, cukes, yellow pepper, red onion) and a sprinkle of feta cheese with 1.5 TBSP low fat homemade greek dressing, and 6oz dry red wine. It was yummy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, love the continuity in the thread titles :)

Very inspiring, as usual!

Unknown said...

Thanks Blue. Happy New Year to you :) Ummmmm I miss reading your blog- just saying

Anonymous said...

I "re-opened" it a few weeks ago again. But you had access all along? Non? I thought I had sent you an invite.

Unknown said...

Yup, I have access, but the last post I can see is from August.