Friday, December 30, 2011

Set....

I have basically used this week to set myself up to succeed in the New Year. So many times in the past, I make a resolution to start eating healthy (this has been on my list for years) and when January 1 hits, I am not prepared and the grocery stores are not open soooooo.....

Food is prepared, all healthy, low carb, low fat, but nutrient rich. I have eggs boiled and in the fridge for breakfast, and lots of choices for lunch and dinners, plus lots of veggies on hand to make salads. I am going out on NYE and plan on partying it up - there will be lots of drinking, lots of eating (after midnight the food comes out) and lots and lots of dancing (thanks to my West Indian roots, the soca will be blasting and the dance floor will be packed. I am going to go and just enjoy - celebrate the end of a fantastic year and look forward to 2012 being "MY YEAR" The last 3 years that I have been writing this blog, I have been changing my life bit by bit- I have worked very hard on working on my inside - confidence, attitude, self worth. I am content with who I am, and can say that if I never lost another pound, I would be happy with who I am.

I have become comfortable with the notion that I am an athlete. I currently weigh 240lbs and I know that with every pound I lose in the new year will make me that much more effective as an athlete. I have paid up my personal training until August and I will not be continuing after that point. The cost has put a huge dent in my finances and there are some things that I just need to spend that money on (the first being a new car- I am just praying that mine will take me through the winter)

Next year - 2012 -
- I WILL complete a 5k in 30 minutes or less

- I WILL compete a try a tri in less than 60 minutes

- I WILL complete a sprint triathlon (no time limits on this)

- I WILL get down to my goal weight (not sure what that is could be anywhere from 150 to 180 lbs)


Today, was boxing day at the gym. My trainer pushed me harder than he's ever pushed me before. My bodybugg calculated 900 calories burned in 1 hr 21 minutes. My body was pushed to the point where I thought I was going to vomit, and the entire time I just kept telling myself 2012 is your year- last chance- how bad do you want it..... I can tell you that I killed that workout..... I want it bad!!!!

Happy New Year-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful night last night!

Happy New years & sounds like you have a great plan!