Monday, January 2, 2017

whole 30- start

Again- 291  

Starting the whole 30 today, to try and teach myself how to eat.  

For the 30 days: no carbs (other than from veg), no dairy, no legumes and no alcohol. 

At the end of the day, I will slowly re-introduce the above food groups and see how my body reacts.  That's the plan.  After its complete, my hope is to follow a primarily Paleo diet. THIS is how I have wanted to eat for years, but have gotten caught up in one crazy diet after another.    Weight loss will be slow but I am not going to focus on that (in fact, I weighed in today and put my scale away for 1 month)  I will focus on eating real food, nourishing my body, and getting active. 

This is very new for me and very scary, since it goes against almost everything I've done for the last 40 years.  But the last 40 years has gotten me to 300lbs, so I guess this can't be any worse....

Hang on tight, here we go....

No comments: