Sunday, January 8, 2017

Whole 30- Day 7 - Let the meal prep begin

So last night was my first challenge.  BINGO.  I haven't been for about 10 years and have gone twice in the last few
weeks.... my normal routine in the past , and last week was to have nacho's and cheese at the bingo hall.  on the drive to the hall, my niece mentioned she couldn't wait to have nachos and cheese!  Grrrrr.   She had those, and then about 10 minutes later the people across from me, came back to the table with the most delish looking burgers and sweet potato fries..... and then to top it off, the woman sitting next to me called someone who dropped off McDonalds for her.  WTF!!!  The good news is, I really wasn't tempted by it all.  I sipped on my black coffee and concentrated on my cards.... I left $70 bucks poorer, but richer in the knowledge that I can do this.

Today is food prep day.  I have a pork shoulder in the crockpot with a little liquid smoke to make some Kalua pig.  Yum.  Also on the menu is Pork Egg roll bowls; roasted butternut squash soup; sloppy joe bowls, roasted Brussel sprouts, white potatoes, sweet potatoes.... and an avocado tomato cucumber salad.  Oh and for breakfast I think it will be boiled eggs with fruit (strawberries, blueberries bananas).  Does this not sound amazing.  I know that prep work is the key, though, so I need to make a move. 

Hey and I just found out Melissa Hartweg, who is the co-founder of the Whole 30 program is going to be at a book signing this week close to me, so I have ordered tickets to go and hear her speak and pick up her cookbook.  Should be something that totally motivates me to keep going for the 30 days.

Pick of the day: makeup free, hair a mess, bags and dark circles under the eyes almost gone.  Not bad for a 50 year old.... lol   loving the changes I am seeing and feeling.


No comments: