Sunday, January 15, 2017

Whole 30 - Day 14- Halfway there.

Wow, I am shocked, proud and excited at the fact that I have successfully completed my second week on the whole 30 plan. I have spend the better part of the last 6 years trying desperately to stick to a plan, any plan - and there have been many.  So the fact that I have gotten this far is remarkable.  I keep telling myself, this is NOT a diet - it will not end, this is how I've always wanted to eat and I am here and will continue to eat this way going forward.  Yes I will add small amounts of dairy to my diet, (milk in my coffee mostly), and may partake in a dessert now and then or a glass of wine from time to time, but 90% of the time, this is how I will eat.  And that makes me happy.  HAPPY.

This last week has been a busy one- met up with a friend on Tuesday to catch up.  She wanted to go for dinner, like we always do, and when I told her I couldn't she immediately was ok with that. We went to Starbucks for coffee, and she got a snack pack that had a boiled egg in it, so I could have something to eat along with her.  Wednesday I went to a book signing with another friend, and we she asked if we could go grab something to eat in the food court.  I think she saw the look on my face (it was day 10- which is one of the hardest days) and then quickly changed and we went to Starbucks instead where she grabbed the same snack pack my friend had the day before - aaaaand gave me the egg to tide me over.  I love that my friends are always so supportive of attempts to figure out this weight thing.  My co-workers- not so much.  The person I work closely with, has done everything in her power to taunt me with food this last week.  Chocolate bars shoved in my face.  Chocolate eclairs for breakfast etc etc.  It has been constant and instead of making me cave, has given me strength to not allow these toxic people to break me.  The good news is she was recently downsized in a restructure within our department and she will be gone in a few more weeks.  Good riddance!

As for day 10 being a tough day.  It was really awesome coincidence that on day 10, the founder/creator of the Whole 30 was at the Indigo book store near me promoting her new cook book.  Of course I went with a friend of mine (who is now going to start the whole 30 for her and her family), and was just so inspired and now I'm ready to keep going.  Nothing will stop me from getting to 30 days.... Halfway there.

So how am I feeling.  The quick answer is great.  Skin is clearer, eyes are brighter, less bloating, less body pain.  From reading the plan, I envision that at this stage my body is fighting with my mind right now.  My body is telling my mind to give it sugar and flour... easy sources of fuel, and my mind is saying no way body, start burning stored fat.  They are in a standoff right now. body is making me hungry and giving me cravings to try to get me to eat.  As long as I don't give in, body will have NO CHOICE but to start going to my stored fat for fuel.  This should start happening soon.

Here are some pictures from the last week.  Trying to keep up with the pic of me every day.















No comments: